Studies show that the beneficial effect of synergistically blended ingredinets can work better together than single ingredients on thier own. That goal stands at the forefront of the Smooth Run product line. The principal foundation of Smooth Run is a specially blended base of probiotics and digestive enzymes. This blend is so important because what really matters is how well your horse utilizes the ingredients you take the time to give. Without the proper digestive enzymes and beneficial intestinal bacteria, items ingested are not ‘fermented’ in the way it was intended as it passes through the digestive tract. Instead of being digested, it remains undigested. As you read on, you will see how important the digestive process is to maintaining a calm horse. The Smooth Run recipe is then complimented with a full spectrum joint complex, which acts as a major building block to cartilage support. It is truly an all-in-one supplement.
Smooth Run Plus Calming adds a combination of Valerian Root, Chamomile Flowers and Ginger Root to the more recognized ingredients in Smooth Run Plus:
- Valerian root is an herb that has been used for centuries in Asia and Europe to relieve normal stress, depression, and emotional disruptions. Studies of valerian confirm that it is calming but does not usually result in sleepiness.
- Chamomile flowers are used in alternative medicine to soothe nervous excitement resulting from Boarding, Transport or competition.
- Ginger contains many antioxidants and is perhaps the herb best known to support digestion. Because Ginger also helps relax the muscles surrounding blood vessels it has a wholesome effect on the circulatory system, supporting the flow of blood throughout the body.
These completely natural herbs have shown time and again to help many overwrought horses conquer their distress and still make it to the pay window! Please remember that anxiety (or what appears to be anxiety) in your horse can be the result of many factors.
- Performance Stress. It is common for angst about competition to generally be played out in the gastrointestinal system. This stress response causes muscle tension, excess acid in the gut and even physical signs such as trembles under the skin. For these horses, Smooth Run Plus Calming definitely helps.
- Discomfort. Other horses that become anxious before going into the arena may simply be in discomfort and are exhibiting symptoms of stress because they know the run might hurt. This is often a result of discomfort in a joint. While supplementation can help to support normal cartilage, if you suspect your horse’s anxiety is the result of pain, a consultation with your Vet would be in order.
- Excitement sometimes manifests itself as anxiety. Some horses love to run and are so fired up they seem to be acting out. If he is merely anticipating your run but has not “run off” then he is probably eager to do his job. Often, just by taking a little bit of the edge off, your horse will be better equipped to concentrate on the job ahead.
Our professional formula, Plus Calming Formula, has become very popular with skilled barrel racers who find that the constant grind of long-distance hauling, unfamiliar stalls and the strain of competition puts even more pressure on their athletic horse. Smooth Run Plus Calming Formula combines the benefits of Smooth Run Plus Calming Formula, Breathe Smooth in one easy to administer products.
We’ve seen our product work wonders. Not just on attitude, but also in hoof and coat condition, muscle tone (the colostrum in our formula helps here) and you’ll notice that when your horse feels better, he’ll generally be a better teammate. After all, Barrel Racing is a team sport.
Whether you choose Smooth Run Plus Calming or Smooth Run PRO Plus Calming, you’ll be helping your anxious horse find his peak performance level.
“When you want the best, use the best.”